Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/08 06:57:02 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Unify release SVN tag, SVN branch and dating policy for 1.x and trunk

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Issac Goldstand wrote:

> That sounds right and more in line with the normal httpd release
> procedure - that would mean doing (4) before (1) and leaving the rest
> as-is.

Pretty much, yup.  The confusion reigns when we aren't sure if a user is
complaining about 1.34-dev, 1.34-RC1, 1.34-RC2 or 1.34-Gold.  So this gives
us a very simple binary question (did you grab from SVN or take a release
al la CPAN) to decide if the user is running what we expected.

And as folks have hinted, version no's are cheap :)

Re: [VOTE] Unify release SVN tag, SVN branch and dating policy for 1.x and trunk

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>> That sounds right and more in line with the normal httpd release
>> procedure - that would mean doing (4) before (1) and leaving the rest
>> as-is.
> Well, my first attempt at writing that out was close :)
>
> Issac go-ahead and make the changes to RELEASE file and re-roll
> without the polished version.  I think we can stick with v1.34 for
> this one.

Already rolled, and at a mirror near you, as libapreq-1.34.tar.gz

I'll call the vote in a separate email

Re: [VOTE] Unify release SVN tag, SVN branch and dating policy for 1.x and trunk

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Issac Goldstand wrote:
> That sounds right and more in line with the normal httpd release
> procedure - that would mean doing (4) before (1) and leaving the rest
> as-is.
Well, my first attempt at writing that out was close :)

Issac go-ahead and make the changes to RELEASE file and re-roll without the
polished version.  I think we can stick with v1.34 for this one.

I'll dedicate some time tonight or tomorrow to test it.

Consultant          - P6M7G8 Inc.                http://p6m7g8.net
Senior Sys Admin    - RideCharge, Inc.           http://ridecharge.com
Contractor          - PositiveEnergyUSA          http://positiveenergyusa.com
ASF Member          - Apache Software Foundation http://apache.org
FreeBSD Committer   - FreeBSD Foundation         http://freebsd.org

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: [VOTE] Unify release SVN tag, SVN branch and dating policy for 1.x and trunk

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.