Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Christian Stocker <ch...@liip.ch> on 2011/02/17 10:12:40 UTC

Can anyone commit the namespace comparison bug for the next release?

Hi

Now that 2.2.4 is out, I'd really appreciate if someone could commit the
patch for the namespace comparison bug mentioned in

Without this the setOffset parameter in a Query doesn't work over davex
and we really need that (and I can stop maintaining my own fork :))

Greetings and thanks in advance

christian

Re: Can anyone commit the namespace comparison bug for the next release?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
> i can do that if you're too busy.

thanks... but now i'm almost done. next time.
angela

Re: Can anyone commit the namespace comparison bug for the next release?

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.

On 17.02.2011, at 11:14, Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> wrote:

>> ... or submit patches! ;-)
>
> this only helps to a limited extend as still somebody (in this very
> case it looks as if this was me)

i can do that if you're too busy.

cheers
stefan

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@liip.ch>.
Hi

On 17.02.11 11:14, Angela Schreiber wrote:

>> ... or submit patches! ;-)
>
> this only helps to a limited extend as still somebody (in this very
> case it looks as if this was me) needs to review the patch.
>
> what definitely would help speeding it up was not only providing
> a patch but also providing tests and providing information if all
> integration tests were passing or not... in this particular case
> the possible areas of failure could include: litmus test suite, smoke
> tests with jcr-server implementations and spi2dav. i'm not saying
> that all of that needs to be tested but indicating with the patch
> which areas were already looked at would help a lot.

Sorry about that, I run the tests with "mvn test", but I knew, that
wouldn't cover everything, but those passed very well. Will include that
information next time

Thanks a lot for your effort, very much appreciated.

christian

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // Mobile +41 76 561 88 60

Re: Can anyone commit the namespace comparison bug for the next release?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 02/17/2011 10:52 AM, Angela Schreiber wrote:
> if you want this to get more focus, please direct yourself to our
> (product/resource) management...

... or submit patches! ;-)

--
Jukka Zitting

Re: Can anyone commit the namespace comparison bug for the next release?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi christian

> Now that 2.2.4 is out, I'd really appreciate if someone could commit the
> patch for the namespace comparison bug mentioned in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2888

i will take a look at it as soon as possible...

> Without this the setOffset parameter in a Query doesn't work over davex
> and we really need that (and I can stop maintaining my own fork :))

sorry for that... but completing the JCR 2.0 compliance in jcr2spi
and spi2dav(ex) unfortunately didn't get too much priority... as you
may have noticed there is still a huge bunch of open issues left (see
JCR-2003 and the list of open issues in spi2dav).