Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2008/12/15 19:08:51 UTC

[Announce] Release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1

The Apache Ivy project is pleased to announce the release of IvyDE
2.0.0.beta1.

IvyDE is an Eclipse plugin that leverage the management of the Ivy
dependencies in the Eclipse development environment.
It will help you manage your classpath based on the Ivy dependencies, with a
dedicated editor of ivy.xml files, with completion.

Whereas the status of the previous release was alpha, we got this plugin to be
more stable. The bugs which were making the plugin unusable have been fixed.
Thought we know that there are still some bugs, so this is a milestone towards
the final release. But this is already stable, a beta milestone.

To download IvyDE: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi
Important note: the IvyDE updatesite at
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite is now deprecated because it causes
us some deployment pain (which probably get some pain to some user too). So
please switch to use this one:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/

Note that this release is compatible with the last release of Ivy, the 2.0
RC2, which is already avalaible for download via the updatesite.

The new main features in this release:
* the configuration panel have been splitted to be more manageable and
understandable
* Error markers now shows up if the resolve job failed
* You can clean the ivy caches via the context menu
* still experimental: handle dependencies between IvyDE-enabled projects

You will find the raw release notes there:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310640&styleName=Html&version=12313273

To get more information on the project, see:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/

Nicolas

Re: [Announce] Release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1

Posted by Daniel Becheanu <da...@gmail.com>.
Upper right corner:P

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Daniel Becheanu
<da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Switch your eclipse console to ivy console to see more details. (there
> is a small drop down on the upper left side of your eclipse console)
>
> One way to try fixing  this issue is remove the ivy.xml from libraries
> and add it back.
>

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Bagwell, Allen F <af...@sandia.gov> wrote:
>>
>> Upgrading to this from IvyDE alpha 1 broke my ability to read my ivysettings.xml file.
>>
>> I keep getting an unspecified error in my project saying that my ivy settings file has a parse error.
>>
>> However if I open my ivysettings.xml file in the Ivy Editor, there is no indicator of a parsing error. (Nor should I expect there to be since I haven't changed it between alpha1 and this beta.)
>>
>> -Allen

Posted by pa...@targetgroup.net.

"My current working set of Eclipse plugins are IvyDE 2-alpha1 and
Ivy2-beta2"

I had problems when I had both plugins co-existing.

I'd clear down anything from features and plugins that is ivy related, then
install the beta 2 plugin, either from the Eclipse update site or manually.

I'm pretty sure that any Eclipse related ant set up is completely divorced
from the Ivy plugin set up (e.g. they can happily point at completely
different versions of Ivy)

Target
www.targetgroup.net

Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com

RE: [Announce] Release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1

Posted by "Bagwell, Allen F" <af...@sandia.gov>.
Yeah, it was correctly updated. My current working set of Eclipse plugins are IvyDE 2-alpha1 and Ivy2-beta2

Now I'm not sure if this would be an issue, but we use a local installed copy of Ant instead of the one that comes in Eclipse, and we point Eclipse to this installation instead. In it's lib/ folder we are referecing the "ivy-2.0.0-rc2.jar" file. Perhaps this in some way conflicts with the Ivy 2 .cr2 plugin?

(We do all this to accommodate our devs who do not use Eclipse but still need Ant and Ivy to build stuff from the command line. We want all our devs to be consistent in what versions of the tools are used.)

Posted by "Bagwell, Allen F" <af...@sandia.gov>.
I used the latest site that was given in the instructions, www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/

I'm hestitant to completely uninstall anything because if the lastest IvyDE still doesn't work, then I'll have lost my current installation (alpha1) that isn't giving me any problems.

Thanks,
-A

Posted by Daniel Becheanu <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Becheanu <da...@gmail.com>.