Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> on 2004/09/09 23:29:21 UTC

Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Re: Start an IP list to block?

On Thursday, September 9, 2004, 2:00:25 PM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
>> OK, this isn't the first time we've had this discussion, but Raymond and I
>> felt this should be made public again. He ran thru some tests of 1500+
>> domains and found the following data. Looks like they maybe send from
>> zombies, and never their hosts. IPs are similar across the board.

>>> 219.254.32.111
>>> 201.12.78.140
>>> 200.139.104.4
>>> 221.143.42.199
>>> 219.129.20.250

> I can let it run over a somehow bigger collection, but these are the ones
> that keep adding domains daily, and i am sick and tired of adding those
> daily over and over. They keep comming up with new domains.

> Bill also promosed to have a look, so we can at least auto include them
> inside SURBL, but any other way would be cool either.

Please do not include broad IPs in SURBLs.  That goes against
the way we have designed them.  If I find this happening, I will
take action to stop them.  PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!!

I will be modifying the SC data engine, if I can ever free up some
cycles, to look at the resolved IP addresses of incoming domains
and list them much sooner (like immediately) if they resolve to
commonly used IP addresses.

Jeff C.

Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Re: Start an IP list to block?

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

> OK by auto include them I guess you were referring to domains,
> not IPs.  If so, that's what I'm proposing for the SC data.

Yes, we need to list the domains.

> Very good idea.  Ask Larry privately if you can feed SBL.

Lets see if he responds to my other mail first. He's rather busy lately i
noticed.

>>> I will be modifying the SC data engine, if I can ever free up some
>>> cycles, to look at the resolved IP addresses of incoming domains
>>> and list them much sooner (like immediately) if they resolve to
>>> commonly used IP addresses.
>
>> Sounds cool!

Bye
Raymond.

Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Re: Start an IP list to block?

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Thursday, September 9, 2004, 2:36:25 PM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
>> Please do not include broad IPs in SURBLs.  That goes against
>> the way we have designed them.  If I find this happening, I will
>> take action to stop them.  PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!!

> That was not my intention...

OK by auto include them I guess you were referring to domains,
not IPs.  If so, that's what I'm proposing for the SC data.

> If we can submit them for listing inside the SBL, fine, any submission
> method available there ? ;)

Very good idea.  Ask Larry privately if you can feed SBL.

>> I will be modifying the SC data engine, if I can ever free up some
>> cycles, to look at the resolved IP addresses of incoming domains
>> and list them much sooner (like immediately) if they resolve to
>> commonly used IP addresses.

> Sounds cool!

> Bye,
> Raymond.

:-)

Jeff C.

Re: [SURBL-Discuss] Re: Start an IP list to block?

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

> Please do not include broad IPs in SURBLs.  That goes against
> the way we have designed them.  If I find this happening, I will
> take action to stop them.  PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!!

That was not my intention...

If we can submit them for listing inside the SBL, fine, any submission
method available there ? ;)

> I will be modifying the SC data engine, if I can ever free up some
> cycles, to look at the resolved IP addresses of incoming domains
> and list them much sooner (like immediately) if they resolve to
> commonly used IP addresses.

Sounds cool!

Bye,
Raymond.