Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2004/10/07 17:37:04 UTC

extra files in META-INF

Hello.
I am trying to use Hivemind and it requires that my config files get placed
in the META-INF directory of my jar file.  So far, from the jar plugin, I
can't seem to figure out where I should place these files and what
properties
I have to set to get them built into the jar.

project/
    /src/
       /main/
          /java/
          /resources/
             log4j.properties
          /descriptor/
             my-modules.xml

Everything in /resources/ gets into the top level "directory" of the
compiled
jar.  But how do I get files into project.jar/META-INF/?  Should/can I
put them
in /descriptor/?  Should I put them somewhere else?  The only options
that I can
see in the jar plugin are to add extra information to the file that Maven
generates.

Any help is much appreciated.

Charlie

Re: extra files in META-INF

Posted by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde-ag.de>.
I don't know, if this is the right approach, but I solved a similar
problem by simply adding a preGoal to my maven.xml which is copying the
file into the WEB-INF directory before the build starts:

       <preGoal name="java:prepare-filesystem">
         <copy file="tld/widgets.tld" toFile="WEB-INF/widgets.tld" />
       </preGoal>

This would allow you to place the "source" files at any place where it
is convenient for you.

As I said: I just did it like that not knowing if this is "the right
way" or best practise or the "standard way" or something like that. But
I don't mind since it does what I need.

Regards,
Gisbert Amm