Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/09/03 18:44:17 UTC

[VOTE] Results

Do you feel this list should discontinue it's long heritage of "relaxed
fridays"?

Yes	- 2 (5.4%)
No 	- 35 (94.6%)

However, of those that voted to keep it:

* Most would like to note that friday is a day of the week and not a state of mind. (ie.  if your calendar doesn't say today is Friday, it's not friday)
* Many would like to see the OT threads more closely confined to technical discussions.
* Several folks wanted to point out that BEER (however much you may like it) really has no place on this list.
(I've a bit of Irish in me myself, but the last time I saw beer be so important to my peers was when I was in high-school -- can we mature beyond this, please?)

Sorry I didn't get this done yesterday.  I had other things that had to take precedence.  I've debated on posting this at all.  My sincere hope in doing so is *not* to start an [OT] thread that everyone jumps on - I'd much rather see it die.  I don't see any reason for comment, and I hope you don't either.  Thank you all for taking Craig's proposal to heart and keeping fridays -- and keeping them ON friday (and maybe even technically-oriented too)!  If you do have comments on this, and they happen to be aimed at me (you wish to flame me for my views on beer, for example) then please mail me directly -- really no need to have it added to the list's load.

Regards,

Eddie