Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Kaleb Walton <kd...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/08/27 21:44:25 UTC

Acegi Security with CXF

Does anyone have an example of authenticating with Acegi Security using a
Simple Server?

I'd like to pass the authentication token as easily and securely as
possible -
http://www.vorburger.ch/blog1/2006/10/propagating-acegis-security-context-in.html
 suggests passing it in the SOAP headers. There is an example at that URL
as well but it is for XFire and I'm not sure how those concepts translate
over to CXF; additionally the example they use points out its own
inefficiency suggesting it should use a custom handler to read the contents
of the SOAP message via StAX.

Regards,
Kaleb

Re: Acegi Security with CXF

Posted by Fred Dushin <fr...@dushin.net>.
How's this for the outbound side:

     <jaxws:client name="{http://www.apache.org}SoapPort"
createdFromAPI="true">
         <jaxws:features>
             <bean class="org.apache.cxf.feature.LoggingFeature"/>
         </jaxws:features>
         <jaxws:outInterceptors>
             <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJOutInterceptor"/>
             <ref bean="UOverT_Request"/>
         </jaxws:outInterceptors>
     </jaxws:client>
     <bean
         class="org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JOutInterceptor"
         id="UOverT_Request">
         <constructor-arg>
             <map>
                 <entry key="action" value="UsernameToken Timestamp"/>
                 <entry key="user" value="Alice"/>
                 <entry key="passwordCallbackClass"
value="demo.hw.client.UTPasswordCallback"/>
                 <entry key="passwordType" value="PasswordText"/>
             </map>
         </constructor-arg>
      </bean>

-Fred

Re: Acegi Security with CXF

Posted by vannguyen0 <vn...@ur.com>.
Fred,

Can I get a sample CFX config?

Thanks,

Van

Re: Acegi Security with CXF

Posted by Fred Dushin <fr...@dushin.net>.

Re: Acegi Security with CXF

Posted by Ray Krueger <ra...@gmail.com>.
This might seem like an odd answer, but you can also look at how
Spring-WS does it...
http://static.springframework.org/spring-ws/site/reference/html/security.html