Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/18 08:24:55 UTC

What's a chair?

Following on from the last email - the major question would be whether
anyone would like to volunteer as a chair?

The question was raised on the Hivemind list as to what a chair
actually entailed. My reply is below - I'd be happy to join the PMC
mailing list (lurk, rather than be on the PMC) to help with any issues
that might arise post-promotion.

Because testing is a little bit of an umbrella (like
logging.apache.org) - the chair role will be a bit more than Hivemind
will be; but still not as much a bureacracy as
xml/webservices/jakarta.

Hen