Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by wallace321 <da...@dudesolutions.com> on 2017/07/21 14:39:36 UTC

Issue Connecting Ignite via ODBC

Summary of the problem: Cannot connect to Ignite via ODBC b/c of driver
issues
Platform: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2
Goal: Be able to connect Qliksense (BI tool) to Ignite database

I've configured the Ignite ODBC driver on Windows 10 (the basic test
environment) just like the screenshot shows (The address field is IP:Port
and the cache is the table name in Ignite, I redacted that for privacy) -
this matches the picture found here  connecting-string
<http://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/connecting-string>   but when I try to
connect to the database with the DSN, we get the error "Data type is not
supported." in Razor SQL, a DB visualizer with ODBC support  Razor SQL
<http://razorsql.com>  . The DSN was created successfully in ODBC
Administrator, so we are not sure what's going on.

When we attempt to do the same process in Windows Server 2012 R2 (the
Qliksense environment), the installation of the driver appears to go
smoothly, however we cannot create the new DSN in the ODBC Administrator
program, b/c we get the error "ignite.odbc.dll" cannot be found. That DLL is
present however, in the path: "C:\Program Files\Apache Ignite\ODBC Driver"
so we cannot proceed to even test the ODBC driver in a mock prod
environment.

Has anyone ever been successful in connecting Ignite to Qliksense?
Qlik-ODBC
<http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/ODBC-data-connection.htm>

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n15238/Screen_Shot_2017-07-21_at_10.png>

Re: Issue Connecting Ignite via ODBC

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
wallace321 wrote
> ...but when I try to connect to the database with the DSN, we get the
> error "Data type is not supported." in Razor SQL, a DB visualizer with
> ODBC support
> Razor <http://razorsql.com>
> .

As far as I remember, Ignite's ODBC driver was not tested with Razor SQL.

wallace321 wrote
> When we attempt to do the same process in Windows Server 2012 R2 (the
> Qliksense environment), the installation of the driver appears to go
> smoothly, however we cannot create the new DSN in the ODBC Administrator
> program, b/c we get the error "ignite.odbc.dll" cannot be found. That DLL
> is present however, in the path: "C:\Program Files\Apache Ignite\ODBC
> Driver" so we cannot proceed to even test the ODBC driver in a mock prod
> environment.

Probably, you don't have c++ libraries installed on your system. If you are
using installers, which are shipped with Ignite binary release, try
installing visual c++ 2010 redistributable tools.

Issue Connecting Ignite via ODBC

Posted by devis76 <de...@flexvalley.com>.
Thank you for your mail, I will be on vacation until August 8th with no access to mail or voice mail so please expect some delay in my answers.

urgent request write to support@flexvalley.com

Best regards
Devis Balsemin