Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andrejus Chaliapinas <a....@infosana.com> on 2007/11/27 15:58:30 UTC

Is it possible to limit FOP transformation output (PDF) onyl to several pages?

Hi,

Is it possible to achieve via usage of fo:page-sequence-master or
fo:page-sequence or combining fo:page-number into some xsl logic? While big
documents may have one special front page and all the same layout rest pages
- for testing purposes only 2 first document pages are required.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrejus

Re: What about 'maximum-repeats'? RE: Is it possible to limit FOP transformation output (PDF) onyl to several pages?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
No, the spec defines that the implementation should reuse the last
page-master if there's more content but no more page-masters. There's
nothing built into FOP that allows you to do that. I've explained to you
the options that are available right now. Everything else involves
hacking FOP.

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Andrejus Chaliapinas <a....@infosana.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
There's nothing in XSLT or FO that lets you do that. But you can go
through FOP's intermediate format [1] because there you have each page
separately as an XML file which you can easily cut down to two pages.
Still, the whole document will be layouted. The alternative is to use a
PDF library to extract the first two pages from the full PDF file.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/stable/intermediate.html

Jeremias Maerki