Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by John Temple <jo...@virtuant.com> on 2001/05/11 14:43:39 UTC

Footnote problem

I am having a problem trying to get my footnote to come out in some cases I
was wondering if any one might have an answer.
The XML and XSL are available online at the following locations
XML http://www.macgyver-design.com/picklist.xml
XSL http://www.macgyver-design.com/pick.xsl
In the XML document you will see a series of OrderItems the page looks great
with up to 6 OrderItems but the second you add a 7th OrderItem the footnote
disappears never to be seen again.  Or atleast until after you cut the Items
down to 6 or less.  Any ideas?
As a side note I am using apache FOP 0.18.1
And I know that the compiler states that there is some text outside of a
block but I haven't found that part yet.  Also if anyones knows of a good
site to get info PLEASE let me know.
Thanks
John

John Temple
Virtuant
Systems Engineer
johnt@virtuant.com
(770)557-4900 ext.227 Office
(770)633-5033 Cell

Re: Footnote problem

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Fri, 11 May 2001 14:43:39 John Temple wrote:
> I am having a problem trying to get my footnote to come out in some cases
> was wondering if any one might have an answer.
> The XML and XSL are available online at the following locations
> XML http://www.macgyver-design.com/picklist.xml
> XSL http://www.macgyver-design.com/pick.xsl
> In the XML document you will see a series of OrderItems the page looks
> great
> with up to 6 OrderItems but the second you add a 7th OrderItem the
> footnote
> disappears never to be seen again.  Or atleast until after you cut the
> Items
> down to 6 or less.  Any ideas?

I tried it and it all appeared to work for me. I am using the latest cvs so
maybe there is something that is already fixed.

> As a side note I am using apache FOP 0.18.1
> And I know that the compiler states that there is some text outside of a
> block but I haven't found that part yet.  Also if anyones knows of a good
> site to get info PLEASE let me know.

You resulting fo document is not quite valid.
The footnote is directly inside the flow.
The flow can only contain block level formatting objects ie. (%block;)+

The footnote merely returns the inline area created (for the flow) and an
inline area is not a block level area.
Put the footnote inside an fo:block for example.