Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Soren Hilmer <so...@tietoenator.com> on 2005/09/07 09:11:30 UTC

Resolved: (JAMES-413) James does not resolve CNAME DNS registrations

You move fast Stefano! I was about to commit my fix for it, when I ran into
the SpoolManager issues.
I will compare our fixes :-)

--Søren

--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 72 30 64 00

Re: Resolved: (JAMES-413) James does not resolve CNAME DNS registrations

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Noel,

thank you for noticing this.
I added a testcase and fixed it.

Should we add another try/catch level for the second mx so that an
exception to the second lookup would result in the A record? (otherwise
null)

Stefano

Posted by Soren Hilmer <so...@tietoenator.com>.
FYI, I compared our codes and while functionally equivalent, I must admit that
your fix was cleaner and simpler ;-(
So let us stick to that.

--Søren

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.