Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Ivan Drinks Sr." <dr...@uswest.net> on 2000/04/16 07:28:41 UTC

Tomcat

I am running Redhat Linux 6.2, Apache server 1.3.11.  After restarting
Apache and testing that it is running OK, I did the "./startup.sh" as
instructed.  I get the following message:

Excetion in thread "main" java.langNoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat

I am using jdk 1.1.8 from Blackdown.  Could you tell me what I am doing
wrong or is this just a bug?  Thanks!!!

I got the latest binary as of today April 15, 2000.

RE: Tomcat

Posted by Lauri Tarnanen <la...@halftone.org>.
Try to declare TOMCAT_HOME environment variable to point
your tomcat directory (for example export
TOMCAT_HOME="/home/jakarta-tomcat").
I got that same error before declaring the TOMCAT_HOME.

:
:   Excetion in thread "main" java.langNoClassDefFoundError:
:   org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat
:
:   I am using jdk 1.1.8 from Blackdown.  Could you tell me what I am doing
:   wrong or is this just a bug?  Thanks!!!
:
:   I got the latest binary as of today April 15, 2000.
:
:
:   For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
: