Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2010/07/02 11:59:06 UTC

line height defaulting (0.20 vs 0.95)

Hi,

I'm helping a customer upgrading from 0.20.4 to 0.95, and we discovered
a difference in line-height defaulting.

It appears that even when line-height is set explicitly, FOP 0.95 makes
the inter line space *slightly* bigger. I'll assume that 0.95's behavior
is the correct one, but I wonder

- what exactly is going on, and

- whether there's another property that could be set to get identical
results (which would be good during a transition period).

Best regards, Julian

Re: line height defaulting (0.20 vs 0.95)

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi Julian,

You are right, Fop 0.95 does a more precise job, while Fop 0.2x was
buggy in computing block-progression-dimensions.
You can easily check that by measuring 10 text lines on a Pdf print
(with a 1:1 print ratio and using an easy-to-use font-size/line-height
couple).

Pascal