Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2011/01/04 19:30:11 UTC

Re: re 10.7 release & JDBC CTS suite testing

On 12/15/2010 6:20 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Knut Anders Hatlen<kn...@oracle.com>  writes:
>
>> Kathey Marsden<km...@sbcglobal.net>  writes:

>>> Is there someone that has access to these tests that can run them now
>>> that Ole is gone or is it just one more bit of testing we don't do
>>> anymore?  It would be nice to know we are compliant for  a release off
>>> trunk.
>> I found the instructions for running these tests and have started
>> them. So if everything goes well, we'll have the results shortly.
> It didn't go all that well... Here's what the report says:
>
> batchUpdate.out:     passed: 68
> callStmt.out:        passed: 1,580; failed: 20
> connection.out:      passed: 36
> dateTime.out:        passed: 152
> dbMeta.out:          passed: 940
> escapeSyntax.out:    passed: 324
> exception.out:       passed: 56
> prepStmt.out:        passed: 1,072; failed: 12
> resultSet.out:       passed: 452; failed: 4
> rsMeta.out:          passed: 84
> stmt.out:            passed: 132
> Total time: 09:58:28
>
> I haven't looked at all the failures yet. Those I have looked at appear
> to happen because our meta-data now says that we support BOOLEAN,
> whereas the database schema created by the test itself contains
> workarounds for Derby's lack of support for BOOLEAN (like using SMALLINT
> columns instead of BOOLEAN columns). So I think there are some changes
> required for the DDL and DML scripts that create the database schema in
> order to make the test run successfully, but I haven't found anything
> that appears to be a Derby problem yet.

Would a workaround to changes the DML scripts for the short run be to
create the database with an old version and run against the soft
upgraded database now that the metadata issue in soft upgrade is fixed.

Kathey

Re: re 10.7 release & JDBC CTS suite testing

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> On 12/15/2010 6:20 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Knut Anders Hatlen<kn...@oracle.com>  writes:

>>> I found the instructions for running these tests and have started
>>> them. So if everything goes well, we'll have the results shortly.
>> It didn't go all that well... Here's what the report says:
>>
>> batchUpdate.out:     passed: 68
>> callStmt.out:        passed: 1,580; failed: 20
>> connection.out:      passed: 36
>> dateTime.out:        passed: 152
>> dbMeta.out:          passed: 940
>> escapeSyntax.out:    passed: 324
>> exception.out:       passed: 56
>> prepStmt.out:        passed: 1,072; failed: 12
>> resultSet.out:       passed: 452; failed: 4
>> rsMeta.out:          passed: 84
>> stmt.out:            passed: 132
>> Total time: 09:58:28
>>
>> I haven't looked at all the failures yet. Those I have looked at appear
>> to happen because our meta-data now says that we support BOOLEAN,
>> whereas the database schema created by the test itself contains
>> workarounds for Derby's lack of support for BOOLEAN (like using SMALLINT
>> columns instead of BOOLEAN columns). So I think there are some changes
>> required for the DDL and DML scripts that create the database schema in
>> order to make the test run successfully, but I haven't found anything
>> that appears to be a Derby problem yet.
>>
> Would a workaround to changes the DML scripts for the short run be to
> create the database with an old version and run against the soft
> upgraded database now that the metadata issue in soft upgrade is
> fixed.

That may possibly work. At least it seemed to me that the failures I
analyzed wouldn't have happened if getTypeInfo() hadn't returned
boolean.

--
Knut Anders