Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com> on 2005/10/25 19:18:39 UTC

How to handle double posting problems

Hi,

I am new to jsf and just beginning to put together some pages. I am playing
with a form that has an event listener on a selection list, the form
refreshes depending on the selection. I discovered that if I click too fast
jsf will throw the following exception:

01:07:42,794 ERROR [FacesServlet]:253 - Servlet.service() for servlet
FacesServlet threw exception

javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Cannot get value for expression
'#{userBean.userIdsList}'.

What is the best way to handle this situation?

Many thanks in advance.

Yee

RE: How to handle double posting problems

Posted by Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>.
I found the cause of problems. It wasn't Myfaces after all. It got something
to do with hibernate auto-flushing in conjunction with the long session
pattern. Once I turned it off everything works fine.

Regards,

Yee

  _____