Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Adam Flinton <af...@ihtsdo.org> on 2014/07/09 18:11:59 UTC

Versioning questions

Dear All @ marmotta,

I have a need to use a triple store with versioning & marmotta fits the
bill.

I can import etc into Postgresql etc & all if fine.....so then

A) When is a version created? I.e. do I have to trigger it via code or...?
It clearly has not happened at the end of the import so....e.g. I have a
sucessful import now so I would like to make it version 1....

B) Can I create a named version or is the id set by the system?

C) How do I then use this time/version id within a query ? Do I set the
version then ask the query or...?

TIA

Adam

--
Adam Flinton

Re: Versioning questions

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Adam,

On 09/07/14 18:11, Adam Flinton wrote:
> A) When is a version created? I.e. do I have to trigger it via code or...?
> It clearly has not happened at the end of the import so....e.g. I have a
> sucessful import now so I would like to make it version 1....

Versioning is transaction based; i.e. every time a transaction is
committed successfully, a new version entry is created by the versioning
services.

> B) Can I create a named version or is the id set by the system?

Labeling versions is not currently supported, sorry.

> C) How do I then use this time/version id within a query ? Do I set the
> version then ask the query or...?

Marmotta currently supports listing versions (timemap) as well as
inspecting snapshots (mementos) (i.e. going back in time) for resources.
To give a smooth web access to timemaps and snapshots, Marmottas
Versioning module implements the Memento protocol.

Further details at http://marmotta.apache.org/platform/versioning-module

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--