Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Lune Silver <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/12 16:14:27 UTC

A question relative to the ranger database

Hello !

I send this ticket because I have a sizing question related to the database
used to store administration information for ranger.

I have a postgresql database.Do you know what is the sizing to expect for
the administration db ? Is 1 GB enough ? Or is it more like 10 GB ?

As a note, while I am studying the addition of solR to take care of the
audit, I will for the moment store :
- a few days of audit in another postgresql db
- a few month in hdfs

Best regards.

Lune.

Re: A question relative to the ranger database

Posted by Balaji Ganesan <ba...@gmail.com>.
Audit data would have more bearing on the disk space than policy data
stored in DB. You would need to make sure you can purge audit after regular
intervals. Alternative is to use Solr and HDFS to store audit, Ranger UI
can query from Solr.