Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Sinang, Danny" <D....@spi-bpo.com> on 2006/06/05 15:01:58 UTC

Faster HTTP access in 1.4 ?

Hello,

I read somewhere that svn access via http will be faster in version 1.4
.

Where can I read more about this ?

Regards,
Danny

Re: Faster HTTP access in 1.4 ?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 6/5/06, Sinang, Danny <D....@spi-bpo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read somewhere that svn access via http will be faster in version 1.4 .
>
> Where can I read more about this ?

There were various improvements to mod_dav_svn and ra_dav in 1.4 that
improve some things.  Also, there is a new ra layer, ra_serf, which
implements the client side of the DAV protocol using the serf http
client library.  Depending on your situation, it may improve http
access speed (people behind slow network links or high latency
connections have reported large improvements, for example), but we
don't have any really good data on that yet.

-garrett