Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arunachalam Sibisakkaravarthi <ar...@mcruncher.com> on 2022/12/14 09:00:01 UTC

Will Wicket 9.x blocks Spring 6.x upgrade

Hi all,
Currently we use Wicket 9.x and Spring 5.x that require javax-servlet-api
4.x.
During upgrade activity found that Spring 6.x requires jakarta-servlet-api
5.x
Now, should I be able to upgrade the Spring framework to the latest 6.x?

*Thanks And RegardsSibi.ArunachalammCruncher*

Re: Will Wicket 9.x blocks Spring 6.x upgrade

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, at this moment, wicket-9.x doesn't provide jakarta.servlet
compatible packages.

However, you can easily craft them yourself using the eclipse jakarta
transformer, and deploy them into your own artifactory/nexus/...

- https://github.com/eclipse/transformer
-
https://blog.payara.fish/how-to-use-the-eclipse-transformer-project-to-convert-a-3rd-party-library
- https://openliberty.io/blog/2021/03/17/eclipse-transformer.html