Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2021/01/15 18:14:07 UTC

[WITHDRAWN] [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC1) is available

HBASE-25083 is not a big deal in my opinion. Although it is incorrect it is
"make sure the next hbase 1.y release has Hadoop 2.10 as a minimum
version". As documentation is generated from master, really, only master
branch is where we care about whether this is included or not. Still
annoying, though.

HBASE-25404 is a problem. The change log is still incorrect. This time,
including things that are not actually committed there. Last time, the
problem was NOT including things that were committed.

I wrote a separate email to dev@ calling out the decline in committer
attention to maintaining correct fix version metadata in JIRA and I expect
it to be resolved project wide. In the meantime I will sink this RC and
make another with an, again, corrected change log.

-1

--
Best regards,
Andrew