Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gergely Imre <gi...@mx.nextra.ro> on 2000/09/06 18:43:25 UTC

Re: Repeat

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Robin Green wrote:

> Gergely Imre <gi...@mx.nextra.ro> wrote:
> >On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Robin Green wrote:
> >
> > > Four choices to include common content on each page:
> > >
> > > 3. <xsl:copy-of select="document('xyz.xml')"/> in a stylesheet
> >
> >And where should I put this line in the XSL, because I get the following
> >error: Warning: can't output text before document element! Ignoring...
>
> Just where you want to insert the file.
>

> >How should the xyz.xml file look like?
>
> Just a valid XML file starting with <?xml version="1.0" ... etc.

When i try to load the file, I get the following error:

Warning: can't output text before document element!  Ignoring...

What have I done wrong?

--
GImre

RE: Repeat

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
In my limited experience, I get your error when I try to output anything in
a XSL stylesheet from _outside_ a <xsl:template> block. E.g. <xsl:copy-of>
may not be a top-level element.

That is, this fragment is incorrect:

<xsl:stylesheet>
  <xsl:copy-of ...>