Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Leons Petrazickis <le...@ca.ibm.com> on 2013/11/13 03:10:30 UTC

listNodes() crashing with Softlayer

I'm trying to get the compute API sample code running with Softlayer cloud:
https://jclouds.apache.org/documentation/userguide/compute/

The call to listNodes() crashes with this stacktrace:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: ProductItem has no prices:ProductItem
{id=3905, description=CentOS 6.0 - Minimal Install (32 bit), units=N/A,
capacity=0.0, prices=[], categories=[ProductItemCategory{id=12,
name=Operating System, categoryCode=os}]}
	at org.jclouds.softlayer.compute.functions.ProductItems$3.apply(
ProductItems.java:64)
	at org.jclouds.softlayer.compute.functions.ProductItems$3.apply(
ProductItems.java:60)
	at org.jclouds.softlayer.compute.functions.ProductItemToImage$4.apply
(ProductItemToImage.java:181)
	at org.jclouds.softlayer.compute.functions.ProductItemToImage$4.apply
(ProductItemToImage.java:177)
	at org.jclouds.softlayer.compute.functions.ProductItemToImage.apply(
ProductItemToImage.java:87)
	at org.jclouds.softlayer.compute.functions.VirtualGuestToNodeMetadata
$GetImageForVirtualGuest.getImage(VirtualGuestToNodeMetadata.java:150)
	at
org.jclouds.softlayer.compute.functions.VirtualGuestToNodeMetadata.apply(
VirtualGuestToNodeMetadata.java:87)
	at
org.jclouds.softlayer.compute.functions.VirtualGuestToNodeMetadata.apply(
VirtualGuestToNodeMetadata.java:52)
	at com.google.common.base.Functions$FunctionComposition.apply(
Functions.java:210)
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$8.transform(Iterators.java:860
)
	at com.google.common.collect.TransformedIterator.next(
TransformedIterator.java:48)
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.computeNext(
Iterators.java:701)
	at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(
AbstractIterator.java:143)
	at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(
AbstractIterator.java:138)
	at com.google.common.collect.Sets.newLinkedHashSet(Sets.java:295)
	at org.jclouds.compute.internal.BaseComputeService.listNodes(
BaseComputeService.java:337)
	at Test.main(Test.java:29)

The jclouds testsuite had the same failure at the 1.6.0 level, but I can't
find runs at a newer level:
https://jclouds.incubator.apache.org/documentation/releasenotes/1.6.0/softlayer-failures.txt

I tried both jclouds 1.6.1-incubating and 1.6.2-incubating.

Is there a way to specify a newer version of jclouds (1.6.3?) in
pod.xml/Maven?

Does it look like the same issue as this one in the bug tracker?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-213?jql=text%20~%20%22softlayer%22

What should I try next?

Thanks,

Leons Petrazickis
Emerging Technologies Developer
IM Cloud Computing Centre of Competence

 Mobile: 1-416-712-2042                                            IBM
 E-mail: leonsp@ca.ibm.com
 Blog: www.db2teamblog.com
 Find me on: LinkedIn:
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/leonsp
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/leonsp

Re: listNodes() crashing with Softlayer

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Leons

Could you try 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT or 1.6.3-SNAPSHOT? You may have to add
the Apache snapshot repo [1] to your project temporarily to get hold
of those versions.

Regards

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/project/pom.xml#L88

Re: listNodes() crashing with Softlayer

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
> I've been able to get past listNodes() crashing by switching to
> 1.6.3-SNAPSHOT.

Good to hear!

ap

Re: listNodes() crashing with Softlayer

Posted by Leons Petrazickis <le...@ca.ibm.com>.
Thanks Andrea, Andrew, Ignasi!

I've been able to get past listNodes() crashing by switching to
1.6.3-SNAPSHOT.

Cheers,

Leons Petrazickis

From:	Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com>
To:	user@jclouds.apache.org,
Date:	11/13/2013 04:08 AM
Subject:	Re: listNodes() crashing with Softlayer

Yes, as Andrea said, yesterday we merged a some PRs that could fix your
issue.

If you don't want to build the 1.6.x branch, you can configure your
app to use the latest 1.6.3-SNAPSHOT version. You may also need to add
the snapshot repository to your pom.xml:

<repository>
      <id>apache-snapshots</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots
</url>