Posted to dev@pegasus.apache.org by Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/14 10:24:45 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Pegasus 2.1.0-RC1

Hello Pegasus devs!

The Pegasus team is happy to announce the Apache Pegasus 2.1.0-RC1.

Apache Pegasus 2.1.0 is a feature release that offers many features and
improvements since the prior release.

This is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pegasus/2.1.0/rc1/
As a known issue, this release candidate can not be built directly from the
downloaded source artifact. Because in the current building process, the
source must be a git repo. This issue will be fixed in the next candidate.
You can temporarily test out this release via git clone.

It is tagged in Git as 2.1.0-RC1 and the corresponding hash is the
following:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-pegasus.git;a=commit;h=4f8db17808470a999b9a7c49d451ff6e957f15e6

The WIP release notes can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ul5W0ViA6HK0h4blu3PD2JKnUR_8SSViHXQmmzHyew8/edit?usp=sharing

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pegasus/KEYS

The vote will run until Friday, Sep 18 18:00:00 PST 2020.

Regards
Tao Wu

Re: [VOTE] Apache Pegasus 2.1.0-RC1

Posted by ApacheID <la...@apache.org>.
-1 for this version
Of course we can continue testing to find more issues except the known
ones you mentioned.
And I think the changes of this version introduced is not big enough to
make a major version, besides, we have released 2.0 from 1.x last quarter,
and there are some predictable 'big changes' in the following dozens of
days'
develop plan, major version may increase too frequently in that way.

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月14日周一 下午8:23写道:

Posted by Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
That's good advice. I will take it into account.

Actually, it contains significant changes. We introduce BulkLoad and
a few storage-incompatible changes in this version. We call
it 2.1.0 rather than 3.0.0 because we had just released 2.0.0
three months ago. I have doubt if it's appropriate for such
frequent leaps of the major version, considering the
incompatibilities are opaque to clients. I still think it's more
reasonable to remain 2.x.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.