Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Bhathiya Supun <hs...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/24 21:13:54 UTC

[GSoC] Create Message Queue Abstraction for Jclouds

Hi devs,

As I mentioned in a previouly I am Interested in taking part GSoC 2015
programme as well. I would like to work on a Message Queuing Abstraction
for Jclouds.With some guidance from Andrew Gaul and Everett Toews I
 prepared the project proposal [1
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yj22_N-8zEf4lHXjKI1EbDRP2G3Jnc_LoCQLcZbEXA4/edit>
]

Here I'd summarize my findings and important decisions on the project

1. Many cloud providers like Amazon, Rackspace,Google Cloud, Azure,HP
provide message queue support

2 Currently jclouds provide api level support for  Amazon SQS and Rackspce
Cloud Queues

3 Java Messaging Service interface would be used as a refference as it is
the standard messaging abstraction for java.Therefore  I would try to stick
with jms inteface as much as possble

4. I will be implementing Azure Service Bus support in order to test the
abstraction.

I am thankful for any suggestion to improve