Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/10/04 01:10:25 UTC

sweedish chef ?

Anyone know where I can get a Sweedish Chef text filter (preferably perl) ?

You can't offer negotiated langauges without having a little fun  >:-)

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)
http://www.imdb.com/  ... why wait for a clear night to see the stars?.

Stopping rewrites from higher directories?

Posted by Michael Smith <mj...@cursci.co.uk>.
I am having a few probs with mod_rewrite because of the following
phenomena:

If I have this in the .htaccess of my top docs directory

RewriteRule ^foo\.html$ /cgi-bin/prog.pl

Then this works but it is also applied if I access any subdirectory of
docs; unless I set AllowOverride None. (presumably decause all higer
directories are consulted).

Is there some way of turning off this behaviour?  ie can I
redirect/rewrite just from particular directories and not their
subdirectories?

Thanks for any help

Michael Smith

Re: sweedish chef ?

Posted by William Denton <bu...@io.org>.
On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

>  Anyone know where I can get a Sweedish Chef text filter (preferably
> perl) ?
>
> You can't offer negotiated langauges without having a little fun  >:-)

Scott Powers, of X Mosaic fame, has some lex filters at
http://shire.ncsa.uiuc.edu/filters/ - jive, Valley girl, Swedish chef and
"Kraut-ize." :)

Bill
--
William Denton | <URL:http://www.io.org/~buff/> | buff@io.org | Caveat lector.
   "It is better to incur a mild rebuke than to perform an onerous task."