Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Amit Sharma <re...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/12 19:52:19 UTC

Log4j2 upgrade

Hello, everyone. I am replacing log4j with log4j2 in my spark streaming
application. When i deployed my application to spark cluster it is giving
me the below error .

" ERROR StatusLogger Log4j2 could not find a logging implementation. Please
add log4j-core to the classpath. Using SimpleLogger to log to the console "

I am including the core jar in my fat jar and core jar also included in the
jar. Although the application is running fine, I am doubtful the logs are
generated using log4j not log4j2 .
I am using sbt assembly jar and also noticed below  messages in the build

Fully-qualified classname does not match jar entry:
  jar entry: META-INF/versions/9/module-info.class

  class name: module-info.class
Omitting META-INF/versions/9/module-info.class.
Fully-qualified classname does not match jar entry:
  jar entry:
META-INF/versions/9/org/apache/logging/log4j/util/Base64Util.class
  class name: org/apache/logging/log4j/util/Base64Util.class
Omitting META-INF/versions/9/org/apache/logging/log4j/util/Base64Util.class.
Fully-qualified classname does not match jar entry:
  jar entry:
META-INF/versions/9/org/apache/logging/log4j/util/internal/DefaultObjectInputFilter.class

any idea how to resolve these.

Thanks
Amit

Re: Log4j2 upgrade

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
You cannot simply replace it - log4j2 has a slightly different API than log4j. The Spark source code needs to be changed in a couple of places