Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Kaye <ma...@mkaye.co.uk> on 2002/09/05 14:24:49 UTC

[ValueObjects] New methods not seen

I use ValueObject Beans to pass data between my struts actions and my
back-end business objects.  For some reason, if I add a new method to my
ValueObject the rest of my business layer can't seem to see it, even
though the IDE does and the classes compile just fine!  Has anyone got
any ideas why?  When I run the app I get a stack trace and the following
error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.getitall.vo.LoginVO.setIsLoggedIn(Z)V

I can assure you that LoginVO does indeed have the setIsLoggedIn method!

RE: [ValueObjects] New methods not seen

Posted by Bill Willis <bw...@objectventure.com>.
Hi Mark,

Have you done a clean recompile? In other words, have you wiped out all
.class files and recompiled everything? Have you then made sure that the
new classes are being included with your deployed app? Static members
are notorious for causing these kinds of problems (especially with the
value of constants) when doing incremental compiles.

Regards,
Bill

I use ValueObject Beans to pass data between my struts actions and my
back-end business objects.  For some reason, if I add a new method to my
ValueObject the rest of my business layer can't seem to see it, even
though the IDE does and the classes compile just fine!  Has anyone got
any ideas why?  When I run the app I get a stack trace and the following
error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.getitall.vo.LoginVO.setIsLoggedIn(Z)V

I can assure you that LoginVO does indeed have the setIsLoggedIn method!

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>