Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/15 09:48:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.7.0 (incubating) based on RC4

The Livy PPMC has voted to release Livy 0.7.0 RC4 as the next Livy release.

Livy enables programmatic, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant submission of
Spark jobs from web/mobile apps (no Spark client needed). So, multiple
users can interact with your Spark cluster concurrently and reliably.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r171f4a079f2c27c9039aaee1083ab6adb3ba516234a69bfb2d9c60fd%40%3Cdev.livy.apache.org%3E

Result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc5524835a62dec8b94b2a827dcb32ba8bdfa5a8576bd438d1835026e%40%3Cdev.livy.apache.org%3E

The RC is based on tag v0.7.0-incubating-rc4:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy/commit/664503355d8bae763989ebac087122e306239d54

The release files can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/livy/0.7.0-incubating-rc4/

The staged maven artifacts can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelivy-1013

The list of resolved JIRAs in this release can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LIVY/versions/12345179

Please help to vote. Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.7.0 (incubating) based on RC4

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
Anyone please help to vote on this thread, greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Saisai

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>于2020年1月22日 周三09:59写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Justin for the reply.

About the missing license for the font, we've already investigated a bit on
this, below is the conclusion. In this release I would like to leave as it
is.

Based on https://www.glyphicons.com/license/ we do not need to directly
> mention the licensing for those fonts. This is again backed up by the
> comment at the top of the bootstrap page
> https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/components/ which is where our usage of
> the fonts/icons comes from. Based on these links we are fine as is but
> could also add a mention somewhere in our docs/licenses to the glyphicons
> website. Another reference would be this PR for the retired Apache project
> Falcon which also used these fonts
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-2110

Thanks
Saisai

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2020年1月22日周三 上午6:59写道:

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>.
+1 based on the projects own voting thread in December.

Sorry missed this as its been busy at work after the holidays. Just catching up on ASF threads. Good catch on the potential icon issue. Maybe let us try to work out a solution for that for the next release. If the verbiage cannot be resolved then perhaps we could consider changing the dependency.

Thanks
Bikas

Posted by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>.
+1. Checked released files and voting thread, LGTM.

Thanks,

Junping

Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月20日周一 下午6:02写道:

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.