Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org> on 2008/02/04 23:15:10 UTC

Re: building an internal Maven repo for archive purposes?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 05:16:37PM -0500, Donald Woods wrote:
>     <mirror>
>       <id>maven-proxy</id>
>       <name>Mirror of all required maven repos</name>
>       <url>http://<your_hostname>/maven-proxy/repository</url>
>       <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
>     </mirror>

I just noticed something odd.  There's a "repository" directory in the
Geronimo source tree (at least the 2.0.2 tree) and it appears as if
the way it works is to set itself up as a remote repo and then
"depend" the jars into the user's cache repo.  By setting the
"mirrorOf" to "*" you also override that in-tree repository so the
jars come from the outside world.  Is this kosher or is there an
"except for" syntax that I can use in the mirrorOf element?

Thanks,
Toby

Re: building an internal Maven repo for archive purposes?

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Not that I know of.  I copied the files in the local Geronimo repo into
one of the directories served up by my maven-proxy, which is really what
you want, given you can control the order that files are searched and
returned with maven-proxy....

-Donald