Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/23 20:28:20 UTC

svn eol?

I'm doing a pre-commit diff of contributors.xml in (Windows) Eclipse
with subeclipse, and I'm seeing that every line is different, unless I
turn on the ignore-whitespace option.

I'm guessing I need to somehow configure my svn eof setting for
Eclipse (or for svn).

I don't see anything on the wiki talking about svn settings.

I see this struts page:

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsMaintenanceSvn

I talked with Bruno and he's not having to do anything under Linux
Eclipse, so it seems more likely to be a Windows SVN EOL problem,
especially since what docs I could find seem to indicate that all
non-binary source gets converted to LF (unix) on commit.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.4

Anyone else committing from windows?   If so, are you doing anything
special to configure svn?

Re: svn eol?

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Martin.

It didn't affect my current situation, but it needed to be done for new files.

I've borrowed your words and added them to our wiki :)

Re: svn eol?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: svn eol?

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Ok.  Looks like it's just a client issue.   The diff shown in my
commit message seems fine.