Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Nigel Jones <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/01 16:02:41 UTC

Java 8 & maven 3.5.0 dependency

I've proposed a patch in ATLAS-2245 that would ENFORCE
 - java 8 or above - since master now requires it
 - Maven 3.5.0 or above  - after some maven issues, jenkins is now at this same version - though current is 3.5.2

Details are in the JIRA, but the consequence is that if the patch is applied or submitted, anyone with earlier levels of java (less likely), or maven (pretty likely) WILL FAIL TO BUILD.

Please add any comments to the jira or review board patch. I think we should enforce what we
believe we need, in order to maintain consistency. There may be places in the wiki/docs we also wish to clarify the current environment dependencies.

Nigel.

Re: Java 8 & maven 3.5.0 dependency

Posted by Apoorv Naik <an...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Seems like a good change to enforce right now. I don’t see any issue with this. Haven’t tested the patch yet, will do that today.

Posted by Nigel Jones <ni...@gmail.com>.