Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JEFF SCOTT PAYNE <je...@unr.nevada.edu> on 2001/04/27 02:27:33 UTC

Tomcat as an NT service

I am attempting to run tomcat as a service and run into the following
error.  After running the jk_nt_service.exe program with the correct
parameters NT will not allow me to start the service.  The response I get
from jk_nt_service.exe is the following:

--
C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin>jk_nt_service.exe -i
Jakarta-Tomcat "C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\conf\wrapper.properties"

It appears that the service was installed successfully and the service
appears in the services applet.  When I try to start it, either from the
command line or the applet it fails, but doesn't give an error message:

--
C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin>net start Jakarta-Tomcat
The Jakarta-Tomcat service is starting.

The service did not report an error.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin>net helpmsg 3534

The service did not report an error.

EXPLANATION

The service did not report an error.

ACTION

Try the task later. If the problem persists, contact your network
administrator.
--

I double checked the wrapper.properties file to make sure I updated it
correctly.  Here are those updated values:

--
wrapper.tomcat_home=C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1
wrapper.java_home=C:\jdk1.3.1

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks to any help,
Jeff Payne

RE: Tomcat as an NT service

Posted by Todd MacDonald <tc...@tampabay.rr.com>.
> Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Yes.  I'm pretty sure I was able to start the service via the Control Panel
/ Services dialog.  I was able to stop it via the command line, but got the
same error you're encountering when attempting to start it via the command
line.  Sorry, but I don't have a solution for you.

-T