Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rafael Pestano <rm...@yahoo.com.br> on 2012/06/02 04:17:58 UTC

OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7

Hi everyone,

im trying to migrante a simple Spring crud  app to OWB running in tomcat 7.0.27, CDI container starts without problems but im facing some problems with Hibernate, here is the startup log + error when i access the login page: http://pastebin.com/UTpuk18p

the application can be found here: https://github.com/rmpestano/jsf-issuetracker-project

the libs i'm deploying within my war are here:https://github.com/rmpestano/jsf-issuetracker-project/tree/master/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib

and the class which is referred in error log is this one: https://github.com/rmpestano/jsf-issuetracker-project/blob/master/src/br/com/triadworks/issuetracker/dao/impl/UsuarioDaoImpl.java

which  is failing to be injected in this bean: https://github.com/rmpestano/jsf-issuetracker-project/blob/master/src/br/com/triadworks/issuetracker/controller/LoginBean.java

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Att,

Rafael M. Pestano

Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
Graduando em Ciência da Computação UFRGS
http://code.google.com/p/jsf-conventions-framework/
http://rpestano.wordpress.com
@realpestano

Re: OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7

Posted by Rafael Pestano <rm...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi,

just got it working with hibernate 4.1.4(was trying with 3.6.9), and i can confirm it was not a OWB bug cause i tried to create EntityManager manually via EntityManagerFactory and the error was the same as @PersistenceContext.

Thanks for your help.

http://twitter.com/realpestano

________________________________
De: Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>
Para: user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Enviadas: Sábado, 2 de Junho de 2012 16:54
Assunto: Re: OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7

hi rafael,

the example was tested (as mentioned by the readme) on jetty v8 (which is also a servlet container).

regards,
gerhard

found an example with PersistenceContext and OWB: https://github.com/matzew/modern-ee-app20 (thanks to gerhard that point me that) but as i see its being deployed to an EE container and not servlet containter like tomcat ..anyway as soon i get home i ll take a deep look.

Re: OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi rafael,

Re: OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7