Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de> on 2003/06/17 21:51:19 UTC

multiple cocoons in tomcat

Hallo Cocoonlist,

what would be the right approach to have different undependent cocoonsites?

1. To copy all cocoon-classes in every webapp or
2. to copy the cocoon-classes into catalina_home/common/lib or

Does have somebody experiences in this term.

Thanks in advance
Boris Althaus

Re: multiple cocoons in tomcat

Posted by Mathias Wiegard <Ma...@student.uni-ulm.de>.
Hi,
I know definitely, that the first approach (e.g. copying and renaming the
whole webapp in the webapps-folder) will function ;)
Mat

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.
Yes, this sounds reasonable!
May be I try a combination of multiple sub-sitemaps and different tomcat-instances, in order to keep memoryusage small and to have a complete separation between some applications

Thanks
Boris

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.
Thank you, i am looking forward!

boris
Posted by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr>.

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.
Hello Stavros,

Posted by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr>.
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Boris Althaus wrote:

> but with mod_proxy you can avoid ports (:8080) in the url?
> Or do you use mod_rewrite too.

http://www.megabag.gr
or
http://athena.osmosis.gr:8080/cocoon/megabag.gr/

there is a configuration file for apache for each virtual hosted domain

with the entries:
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/cocoon/megabag.gr/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/cocoon/megabag.gr/

thats all

> Boris

Stavros S. Kounis
Development & Research Department
Osmosis - networks & consulting services

web:	http://www.osmosis.gr
email:	info@osmosis.gr

Re: multiple cocoons in tomcat

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.