Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by mdarcemont <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2013/11/18 13:12:57 UTC

camel pull request: Removed clearing of field 'Name' to allow upserts with ...

GitHub user mdarcemont opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/57

    Removed clearing of field 'Name' to allow upserts with custom external I...

    Hi,

    The component "camel-salesforce" doesn't allow upserts with a custom external ID.

    We have a data model with a new field 'ExternalID__c' which is the external ID, and where 'Name' is a simple mandatory field.
    So when we want to insert a new object with an upsert operation on field "ExternalID__c", the field 'Name' is cleared, causing a Salesforce error :

    .to("salesforce:upsertSObject?sObjectName=Account&sObjectIdName=ExternalID__c");

    =>

    [{"errorCode":"REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING","message":"Required fields are missing: [Name]","fields":["Name"]}], statusCode: 400}]

    Moreover, we also want to update the field 'Name', which is currently not possible.

    I suggest you to remove the clearing of field 'Name' during the upsert.

    Thanks.

    Manuel

    $ git pull https://github.com/mdarcemont/camel master

    https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/57.patch

----
commit a447074d7b1ade0bba77a1f3b793f30c0033be06
Author: manuel.darcemont <ma...@leguide.com>
Date:   2013-11-18T11:49:48Z

    Removed clearing of field 'Name' to allow upserts with custom external ID.

----