Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by BORGES Charles <ch...@cegetel.fr> on 2003/10/10 12:25:16 UTC

Problem using SVG serialializer after a transformation

Hi,

I run into the following problem when serializing to svg after a xsl
transformation:

Start with a sitemap including something like this
<map:match pattern="*.png">
  <map:generate src="{1}.svg"/>
  <map:transform src="xsl/{1}.xsl" type="xslt"/>
  <map:serialize type="svg2png"/>
</map:match>

Turn the debug on and check for the SVGSerializer logging.
You see that serialization of the xsl transformation output produces the
massage:
"setDocumentLocator was not called, will use http://localhost/ as base URI".

This means that if i have a href in my svg to a css for instance, it won't
be located and the serialization will fail!

I fixed it (somehow) by:
1.introducing a base-url attribute in the SVGSerializer configuration:
<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.svg2png"
                  name="svg2png"
                  src="fr.cegetel.dsco.gi.svg.serialization.SVGSerializer"
                  mime-type="image/png"
                  base-url="context://sample/batik"/>
3.using the sourceresolver to find out the uri to set in the document
locator.
2.making the SVGBuilder no more Recyclable.

Charles

Re: Problem using SVG serialializer after a transformation

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
BORGES Charles wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I run into the following problem when serializing to svg after a xsl
>transformation:
>
>Start with a sitemap including something like this
><map:match pattern="*.png">
>  <map:generate src="{1}.svg"/>
>  <map:transform src="xsl/{1}.xsl" type="xslt"/>
>  <map:serialize type="svg2png"/>
></map:match>
>

>Turn the debug on and check for the SVGSerializer logging.
>You see that serialization of the xsl transformation output produces the
>massage:
>"setDocumentLocator was not called, will use http://localhost/ as base URI".
>
>This means that if i have a href in my svg to a css for instance, it won't
>be located and the serialization will fail!
>
>I fixed it (somehow) by:
>1.introducing a base-url attribute in the SVGSerializer configuration:
><map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.svg2png"
>                  name="svg2png"
>                  src="fr.cegetel.dsco.gi.svg.serialization.SVGSerializer"
>                  mime-type="image/png"
>                  base-url="context://sample/batik"/>

Be careful: the convention in configurations is that attributes are
container-related data. Component-related data should be better located
as child elements. So the following should be better:

<map:serializer ....>
  <base-url>context://sample/batik</base-url>
</map:serializer>

>3.using the sourceresolver to find out the uri to set in the document locator.

So do you really need the base-url? Isn't the uri of
SourceResolver.resolveURI("") just what you need? Or at least it can be
a fallback if base-url is not present.

>2.making the SVGBuilder no more Recyclable.

Why can it no more be Recyclable?

Sylvain