Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myroma.net> on 2006/03/01 00:29:43 UTC

Re: Reference resolution question

Any luck with converting the visitor stuff? Let me know if you want
me to do some of it.

Jim

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myroma.net>.
On Feb 28, 2006, at 10:20 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Jim Marino wrote:
>
>> Any luck with converting the visitor stuff? Let me know if you
>> want  me
>> to do some of it.
>>

> I got distracted looking at the Tomcat stuff again.
>
> I ran into a wall with the visitor trying to figure out how to recurse
> as during the build phase the new parent context has not yet been
> built.
> I think we have two options:
>
> 1) build but do not start the nested contexts during the build phase
>    thus allowing the ReferenceTargetFactory's to refer to them
>
> 2) configure the ReferenceTargetFactory's with the address of the
>    service rather than injecting the object itself and resolve the
>    reference on component start

I'm not sure #2 is possible, although I may be misunderstanding
things. RTF only stores the target component name and does a
resolution against the parent context when the source component is
injected. We still need a way for RTF to discover the parent context
of the source. The problem with nested contexts is the RTF parent
context is being set with the parent of the parent. I think we may
have to let the visitor register new contexts and push them onto a
stack. We may be getting a truly recursive SCA model soon and we will
probably need the ability to do this.

Jim

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.