Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Han Ming Ong <ha...@mac.com> on 2002/08/31 00:02:10 UTC

Poor warp performance an Apache 1.3 with Catalina

Dear all,
	Platform: Mac OS X, Jaguar
	Apache: 1.3.26
	Catalina: 4.0.4

	We have a simple Servlet application that is initially deployed in
Standalone mode. That gives us excellent performance. We need to move
the app into our deployment environment which has Apache 1.3.26.

	- Using the Warp connector from Apache, we noticed a 10-fold decrease
in performance. We didn't tune anything at all, just following
instructions on http://developer.apple.com/internet/java/tomcat1.html
to get the job done. Maybe there is a special flag we have to turn on.

	- As an contrast, we also deployed using mod_jk. We saw only a slight
performance increase compared to Warp. But it is still much worse than
Standalone mode.

	- But if we were to use Tomcat 3 + mod_jserv, we get back the same
good performance.

	Questions:

	1. Can we integrate mod_jserv with Catalina?
	2. Can we tune either Warp or mod_jk?

Any help is appreciated.

Han