Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2013/05/23 18:46:33 UTC

Fixing typo in commit message?

This jclouds-karaf commit contains an unfortunate "fat-finger" typo:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-jclouds-karaf.git;a=commit;h=0aada6623d49b60ccf23592c98cefd218579a684

It refers to JCLOUDS-69 when that should actually be JCLOUDS-68. Sorry
about that :-(

Question is:

* leave and just ensure release notes are amended
* revert and re-apply with the correct commit message
* something else?

Thanks!

ap

Re: Fixing typo in commit message?

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> Hrm. I'm not sure. I'd go with the revert, I think.

Was my plan too. Now that the commits are still close together, the
history looks readable, too. And a potential source of future
confusion is removed.

Original:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-jclouds-karaf.git;a=commit;h=0aada6623d49b60ccf23592c98cefd218579a684

Revert:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-jclouds-karaf.git;a=commit;h=760463000ef1b5f90117cf25a28353f2514480a8

New:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-jclouds-karaf.git;a=commit;h=3cec4c51a3e40d594b6e41377e19c8b3b01d5a78

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Hrm. I'm not sure. I'd go with the revert, I think.

A.