Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by dilipjain70 <di...@hotmail.com> on 2015/06/02 01:43:22 UTC

WADLManager cache

Hello,
We're currently using CXF 2.7.7.  When invoking a Web service, if the
Service Provider changes the WSDL, what are our options to get around WSDL
caching by WSDLManager?

We're open to upgrading to CXF 3.x if we can address this?  What would be
the performance hit for not using WSDLManager caching?

Thank you in advance.
--
Dilip

Re: WADLManager cache

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Jun 1, 2015, at 7:43 PM, dilipjain70 <di...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> We're currently using CXF 2.7.7.  When invoking a Web service, if the
> Service Provider changes the WSDL, what are our options to get around WSDL
> caching by WSDLManager?

You can grab the WSDLManager and doe something like:

manager.removeDefintion(manager.getDefinition(url));

prior to creating your client or whatever.   That would force the WSDLManger to have to refresh it.

> We're open to upgrading to CXF 3.x if we can address this?  What would be
> the performance hit for not using WSDLManager caching?

Parsing a wsdl can be expensive (depending on the size of the wsdl, network speed, etc…) which could cause delays.     Also, if you have multiple clients or services, they would all end up with their own copy held internally which would increase the memory usage.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: WSDLManager cache

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Just updating the Subject to avoid the confusions

Cheers, Sergey