Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Stefan Magnus Landrø <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/23 10:56:10 UTC

Properties on a per operation level on same client proxy

Hi,

Is there a way to set custom properties on a per operation level on the
client.

For instance, I'd like to add mtom support for 2 of our operations, but not
on all of them.

Turning on mtom support effectively sends all soap messages as
http/multipart even if there is just one part.

I'm using spring, so I guess the best would be to wire up one client bean
with mtom, and a second one without, or split operations that require mtom
into a separate service(wsdl)?

Cheers

Stefan

--
BEKK Open
http://open.bekk.no

TesTcl - a unit test framework for iRules
http://testcl.com

Re: Properties on a per operation level on same client proxy

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

My comment inline
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: @Freeman小屋

On 2013-4-23, at 下午4:56, Stefan Magnus Landrø wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to set custom properties on a per operation level on the
> client.
>
> For instance, I'd like to add mtom support for 2 of our operations, but not
> on all of them.
No, I don't think so.

> Turning on mtom support effectively sends all soap messages as
> http/multipart even if there is just one part.
>
> I'm using spring, so I guess the best would be to wire up one client bean
> with mtom, and a second one without, or split operations that require mtom
> into a separate service(wsdl)?
Both way should work, but the option 1 sounds better

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Apr 23, 2013, at 4:56 AM, Stefan Magnus Landrø <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to set custom properties on a per operation level on the
> client.
>
> For instance, I'd like to add mtom support for 2 of our operations, but not
> on all of them.
>
> Turning on mtom support effectively sends all soap messages as
> http/multipart even if there is just one part.
>
> I'm using spring, so I guess the best would be to wire up one client bean
> with mtom, and a second one without, or split operations that require mtom
> into a separate service(wsdl)?

You could also write a simple interceptor that runs very very early in the out chain that would set the mtom-enabled property on the message depending on the operation.

--
Daniel Kulp