Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by sudip shrestha <su...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/19 19:53:42 UTC

JNDIRealm via SSL

Current JNDIRealm does not support ldap with SSL and it's not a good
idea to use simple authentication on production.  I have raised this
issue on discussion threads in the past, but never seem to get an
answer from anybody, probably because genral users were not really
familiar with the issue and I was asking the question at the wrong
forum.

There is an option available to use "native java/ldap implementation
of a realm module for the tomcat server" developed by tony dahbura
[http://www.dahbura.com/ldap/] and it supports Realm Authentication
via SSL.  This is what I have been using so far.

I would like to know what is the status of development on JNDIRealm
and how close the Developers are to achieving the goal of
authentication via SSL!