Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Muntis Grube <mu...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/23 13:30:50 UTC

Artifact as resource in web archive

Hi,

I have WebStart project, where I have two modules:

root
+-- client-jar
|     +-- pom.xml
+-- server-war
|    +-- pom.xml
+--pom.xml

How can I specify that I want to pack client-jar.jar into
server-war.war as resource not as library?  i.e. I don't want to be
included in server classpath but only kept as files, that can be
served to client.

Should it be done with maven-war-plugin webResource configuration or
there is more general way to do it?
Can you give me some examples, how can it be done?

--
Muntis

Re: Artifact as resource in web archive

Posted by Erez Nahir <er...@gmail.com>.
We use maven-dependency-plugin to load and copy/unpack to a staging
directory and later on package this directory as a war file.
See http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/usage.html

Erez.