Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/20 23:06:04 UTC

"This project has been banned"...?

What are the conditions under which the following error message is output by
Maven:

  "This project has been banned from the build due to previous failures"

I am seeing it in a Hudson build.  It happens to be marked as --fail-at-end,
but I'm not sure if that's the trigger, and I'm not sure how to "un-ban" a
project.

Sorry for the clueless questioning; Google results were so skewed in favor
of the actual log message that I couldn't find anything about this.

Best,
Laird

Re: "This project has been banned"...?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
This means that a project won't be built because it depends on
something else in the build that failed. The fail at end will build
anything it can to work around failures, but not if they depend upon
the failed build.

The ban is just for that maven execution, so there is no un-ban. Just
run maven again once the build failure is corrected.