Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ian Nottingham <no...@assassination.org> on 1998/02/14 08:48:04 UTC

os-windows/1806: Can't get Apache to run as Service in Windows NT

>Number:         1806
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Can't get Apache to run as Service in Windows NT
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When I start the service, the service setup dialog hangs.  Then it tells me that the service failed to start because it did not reply to the control response in a timely manner.  I setup the service by running "apache -i -d "C:/Program Files/Apache".  The server runs fine if I just run it from command line though.
>How-To-Repeat:
um...buy my computer =)