Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/11/29 20:58:08 UTC

[Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Update of "RoadMap" by JeremiasMaerki

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeremiasMaerki:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/RoadMap

The comment on the change is:
Roadmap document (executive summary style)

New page:
This document tries to document in a short and concise way what the immediate future of Apache FOP looks like.

= Release History =

 * 18 July 2003: Apache FOP 0.20.5
 * 23 November 2005: Apache FOP 0.90alpha1 (first preview release after redesign)

= Planned Releases =

Starting with the 0.90alpha1 release, new releases will be published within regular intervals, probably every 2 to 3 months. The next release will have at least "beta" quality. For the time being we will continue to provide only a subset of the whole XSL-FO specification though we're trying to increase coverage besides stabilizing the existing codebase.

Given the "alpha" tag on the latest release, we should work towards a "beta" quality release before the end of January 2006. The first "production grade" release can probably be expected in late 2Q2006.

= Things being worked on =

== High priority ==

 * Getting feedback from users! (all)
 * Stabilization and Bugfixing (all)
 * API stabilization (all)

== Other tasks ==

 * AFP Renderer (Code: Manuel, Legal: Jeremias)
 * Intermediate XML format (Jeremias)
 * Improvements on font support (F!OrayFont, Vincent)
 * [http://barcode4j.krysalis.org Barcode4J] integration (Jeremias)
 * XML Graphics Commons (Jeremias plus helpers wanted!)
 * page-position="last" (Jeremias)

''(Committers and contributors, please list here what your current focus is and please keep it up-to-date! Thanks!)''

= Help wanted! =

With the 0.90alpha1 we have shown that the project is live and kicking. We still need all the help and support we can get.

= More Details =

To see what has been accomplished since the last release, please visit:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/changes.html

(This page may always lag behind some time as we don't update the website too frequently. More current information on recent changes can be seen on http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/status.xml)

For a complete list of tasks for the project, please visit ["FOPProjectTasks"] and browse through the list of entries in [http://issues.eu.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Fop&version=1.0dev&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&order=Bug+Number Bugzilla].

For information on XSL-FO compliance and for complete project documentation please visit the [http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop FOP website].