Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de> on 1997/10/15 01:42:18 UTC

[BUGFIX] "make OPTIM=-g" doesn't pass CFLAGS to linker

I think it would be more consistent if the -g/-O setting would be passed
to the linker, too. Trying to set it in the top level Makefile (in OPTIM=-g)
or on the command line fails. The compile steps are executed with -g,
but not the linking.

The appended patch is a proposed fix for that.

    Martin

Re: [BUGFIX] "make OPTIM=-g" doesn't pass CFLAGS to linker

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Martin Kraemer wrote:

> I think it would be more consistent if the -g/-O setting would be passed
> to the linker, too. Trying to set it in the top level Makefile (in OPTIM=-g)
> or on the command line fails. The compile steps are executed with -g,
> but not the linking.
>
> The appended patch is a proposed fix for that.

On Irix you have to do this for some optimiser settings, I seem to
remember... +1.

Not sure that -g should go in OPTIM, though.

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: [BUGFIX] "make OPTIM=-g" doesn't pass CFLAGS to linker

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
+1 ...

A fellow just asked for this along with some other bug report.  I
personally thing it's what LDFLAGS is for but I'm not hard set on that.

Dean