Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michał 'Gandalf' Stawicki <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/23 11:03:40 UTC

[Tobago] tc:tab won't resize

Hi,

I have a tc:page that always sets its' size to maximum. So, if a user
resizes his window, after next submit the size of tc:page will change.
Now, I have a tc:tabGroup, which resizes correctly. The problem is,
that tc:tab won't. When I first open a tab, it calculates the size
correctly, but then this size will be permanent - in spite of resizing
tc:page and tc:tabGroup, the tc:tab will have a constant size, all I
get are scrollbars.

Did anyone experience this?

Regards,
michael

--
stawicki@gmail.com
http://stawicki.jasliska.pl

Re: [Tobago] tc:tab won't resize

Posted by Michał 'Gandalf' Stawicki <st...@gmail.com>.
I have a layout tag (def-layout.tag):

<%@ tag pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/component" prefix="tc" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>

<f:view locale="#{pageDisplayBean.locale}">
    <tc:page label="Chemigrafia" id="overview" state="#{layout}"
width="#{layout.width}" height="#{layout.height}">
	<f:facet name="layout">
	    <tc:gridLayout border="0" rows="fixed;*;fixed" />
	</f:facet>
	<tc:panel>
	    <f:facet name="layout">
		<tc:gridLayout columns="*;60px"/>
	    </f:facet>
	    <tc:label value="#{pageDisplayBean.headerText}"/>
	    <tc:link  action="#{logoutManagedBean.logout}"
		      image="pages/images/wyloguj.gif"
		      rendered="#{clientLoginManagedBean.userLogged}"
		      immediate="true"/>
	</tc:panel>

	<tc:cell>
	    <jsp:doBody />
	</tc:cell>
	<tc:label value="#{pageDisplayBean.footerText}"/>
    </tc:page>
</f:view>

I got the Layout class from some example, I can't remember now which
one (but it works ok, the page is resized correctly). And then on the
proper page I have this code:

<%@page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>

<%@ taglib prefix="f" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="h" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="tc" uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/component"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="tx" uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/extension"%>
<%@ taglib tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags/layout" prefix="layout"%>

<layout:def-layout>
    <jsp:body>
	<tc:box id="panoramix" label="Chemigrafia Operatora">
	    <tc:tabGroup switchType="reloadPage" immediate="true">

		<tc:tab label="Przyjęte zamówienia" >
		</tc:tab>

... some more tabs

	    </tc:tabGroup>
	</tc:box>
	</tc:panel>
    </jsp:body>
</layout:def-layout>

When I first open the tab, it is sized correctly - but if I resize the
browser window, switch tabs / submit something - than the page and
tabGroup get's resized, but the tab itself preserves it's original
size.

In Mozilla the tabGroup gets scrollbars if the tab is too large, but
in IE7 there are no scrolls.

regards,
michal

--