Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com> on 2016/10/17 21:12:03 UTC

make vs make all

Hi all,

I just recognized that “make” does no longer build the Thrift compiler anymore, only “make all” does. Is it my setup, is it by design or is there something wrong with the build scripts?

Have fun,
JensG

Re: make vs make all

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
Reset the whole working copy, now it works again as expected. Can't
reproduce anymore. WTF.

Thanks!

On 10/17/2016 05:12 PM, Jens Geyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just recognized that “make” does no longer build the Thrift compiler
> anymore, only “make all” does. Is it my setup, is it by design or is there
> something wrong with the build scripts?
>
> Have fun,
> JensG

On Linux, I just did:

git clone https://github.com/apache/thrift tmp && cd tmp && \
./bootstrap.sh && ./configure --disable-libs && make

and it puts the compiler executable in compiler/cpp.

-- Ben

Re: make vs make all

Posted by BCG <bg...@hushmail.com>.